Are you part of a rare disease patient organisation seeking to make a significant impact?
Effective communication of your organisation’s mission and vision is essential for a patient group’s success as it engages people and makes them care about the disorder you represent.
However, due to the complexity of rare diseases and the personal connection that usually goes hand in hand with those working in this space, communicating in a memorable and effective way has its challenges.
Why Good Messaging Matters
In the world of rare diseases, where every voice and story matters, having well-crafted messaging helps patient groups meet their aims by:
Raising awarness of your condition
Engaging and inspiring stakeholders and collaborators
Garnering support and funding
What to expect from the masterclass?
This masterclass will help you develop and refine your messaging so you can communicate with impact. Our expert trainer will help you identify what part of your story evokes an emotional response in others and how to tailor your message to different audiences.
We will cover:
- Developing clear messaging strategies: discover techniques to refine your organization’s core messages, making them easy to understand and emotionally resonant.
- Crafting the perfect elevator pitch: Learn how to create a succinct and powerful elevator pitch that clearly conveys your organisation’s mission, objectives, and impact within a short timeframe.
- Tailoring messages for different audiences: Understand how to adapt your messaging for various audiences, such as patients, healthcare professionals, donors, and the general public, ensuring your message remains effective in diverse contexts.
- Effective networking techniques: Learn how to network with confidence, using the messaging you have developed earlier in the session to build meaningful connections with potential collaborators, sponsors, and partners.
About our masterclasses
All of Beacon’s masterclasses are delivered in a small group setting to ensure all attendees have the opportunity to receive direct support and feedback from the trainer. They are intended to be hands-on training where participants leave with something tangible they can put into practice for their organisation.
This masterclass will equip patient group leaders with the essential communication skills they need to drive positive change. It’s in-person and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Frequently asked questions
Do you cover expenses?
Beacon will reimburse travel expenses for rare disease patients, carers, patient groups and charities, up to the total value of £75.00 per person. If your travel is likely to exceed this amount, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event so we can discuss whether further reimbursement will be possible.
All expenses, other than mileage, must be accompanied by valid receipts.
For further information on our expenses policy, please click here.
Where is the workshop?
The workshop is taking place at The Royal Institution of Great Britain, 21 Albemarle Street, London, W1S 4BS.
Nearest tube stations:
- Green Park (step-free access)
- Piccadilly Circus
- Oxford Circus
Is the venue accessible?
The venue has step-free access via a lift and/or ramp and accessible toilets onsite.
If you have any accessibility requirements, please note these on your registration form so we can ensure your needs are met.
To discuss any additional accessibility measures we can provide, please get in touch with our team at email@example.com.
Will lunch be provided?
Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
If you have dietary requirements please let us know in the registration form.
Meet the trainer
Spaces are limited so claim your spot now so you don’t miss out!
Please note: the ticket window may take a few seconds to load.