- This event has passed.
RareChat | Succession planning: how to know when it’s your time to go
4th May, 2022 at 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm BST
Beacon is excited to announce our next RareChat – Succession planning: how to know when it’s your time to go
There will come to a point in all organisation’s lifetimes when the leader is ready to step down. For the founder or CEO, it can be difficult to know when that should be and how to navigate their transition out of the organisation.
Rare disease patient group leaders often have a personal connection to their organisation, as they may be a parent of a child with a rare disorder or a patient themselves. This, compounded with the fact that leaders often run their rare patient groups alone or with minimal help, makes knowing when and how to leave even more of a challenge.
Come ready to discuss:
- How do you know it’s time to step down?
- How early should you start succession planning?
- What are your biggest concerns about leaving your organisation?
- What policies and procedures do you need to have in place before stepping down?
- Your experience in choosing a successor
If you are in the process of stepping down from your group, have recently stepped down or are planning to do so in the future, then this session is your chance to share your thoughts, ideas and concerns with like-minded individuals in the rare community.