Webinar three | How to choose the next you: where to start with succession planning
20th July at 11:00 am - 12:30 pm BST
Developing your rare disease patient group from the bottom up – you can now sign up for the third webinar in the series!
This series will look at how rare disease patient groups can attract and retain the right people to ensure their organisation’s success and longevity.
It kicked off back in May with a session on recruiting and managing volunteers (watch the recording here), in June we will cover how to grow your team by employing staff and we’re excited to round off the series with a session on succession planning.
Registration is now open for the third webinar in the series – How to choose the next you: where to start with succession planning
Wednesday 20th July from 11 am – 12:30 pm BST
Succession planning is an important consideration for any organisation, and especially so for rare disease patient groups that are often run by small teams. Thinking about the future of your group early on can help ensure its success and longevity and stop it from becoming too dependent on a single individual.
Join this webinar to hear real examples of rare disease patient groups who have navigated through a leadership transition.
Learn from their experience and come away with ideas on how to implement a succession plan in your own organisation.
If you still aren’t sure if it’s relevant to you, here are some reasons you should start thinking about succession planning:
- Allows time to find the right successor who understands and connects with your mission and community
- Ensures the longevity of your group by creating policies and procedures which can be followed by future staff
- Gives you the opportunity to develop and train someone from within your community
- Allows the founder or CEO to leave the organisation when they are ready without worrying it won’t survive without them
- Ensures your patient group isn’t dependent on one individual
- Most importantly, it allows your group to continue its vital work as advocates supporting patients and families
During this webinar, we will hear from individuals in the rare community who have gone through a leadership transition. They will share their experience and expertise with the audience.
Meet the speakers
Trust and Foundations Officer, Rett UK
Becky will discuss her journey through Rett UK as a parent and trustee and how she transitioned from CEO to Trust and Foundations Officer
Sarah recently became CEO of Unique after their leader of over a decade stepped down, she will discuss her experiences of this transition
CEO, Getting on Board
Penny will share her expert advice on succession planning for your trustee board