We’re delighted to announce our third Beyond the Student Voice Prize virtual event.
Join us to celebrate the end of another highly successful Student Voice Prize.
This year’s competition saw more entries than ever before from 30 different universities across 18 countries. We are so grateful to the students and patient groups who contributed to this success.
This event is an opportunity for us to share these achievements and showcase some inspiring case studies. We will also highlight opportunities for students to continue their involvement in rare diseases going forward.
We hope that for many students this competition has marked the beginning of a continued interest in rare diseases that could span their career and make a real difference to the lives of people living with rare conditions.
During this event you will:
- Hear stories from rare disease patients and advocates
- Connect with students and the rare disease community
- Hear from 2023 competition winners
- Learn about opportunities to get involved with rare diseases going forward
Who is this event for?
- Medical and science students who have entered The Student Voice Prize in the past or would be interested to in the future
- Medical and science students interested in learning more about rare conditions and getting involved in the community
- Rare disease patient group leaders interested in SVP, even if you haven’t been involved in the past
Why should you attend?
Rare diseases are collectively common, meaning you are likely to come across them in your medical career.
Learning about them early better prepares you as a future clinician and results in better outcomes for individuals diagnosed and living with rare conditions.
Genetic medicine is becoming increasingly prevalent worldwide. The UK specifically is driving to bring genomic testing to the heart of the healthcare system.
This rise will undoubtedly increase the diagnosis of rare diseases and this population of patients will need doctors educated in rare diseases, who know how to help them.
The Student Voice Prize is much more than just a competition. It has proven itself to be a gateway for many medical students, nurses and scientists who want to engage with patients from across the medical spectrum, particularly in rare diseases.
This is your chance to go beyond and become an advocate for a large, but poorly represented community and help make a real difference in the lives of rare disease patients and their families.
Spaces are limited, don’t wait to claim your free ticket!
If you are having trouble registering via the button below, you can register directly on Eventbrite here.
Please note: the ticket window may take a few seconds to load.